Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Foods We Love With 20 Watt Tombstone

20 Watt Tombstone
Well, this has become a rather popular series hasn't it?

Apparently, there's one thing bands all have in common: They need to eat.

But, as for our friends from Wisconsin, 20 Watt Tombstone....I'd like to relate a small Wisconsin story that actually happened this weekend past.

If you're on my Instagram, you've already seen this, but I acquired some New Glarus Beer in a charity auction.

Look, I didn't say my Wisconsin story was cool now did I? Being as I've only been to the state on the Amtrak on the way to the Twin Cities and driving through it for the same purpose, my Wisconsin story pouch is kind of empty...

Anyway...let's see if they say anything about New Glarus Beer.

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

Hmmm...when I am home I would say dinner. I don't eat breakfast much at home and lunch is usually light.

2. What's your most important meal of the day?


Dinner maybe? 


3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.


Wisconsin everything is about cheese. Cheese curds woulf have to be the big one. 

We also fry them here. 

If you haven't tried them..you really need to. Life changing!


4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?


(I) don't eat breakfast much at home. On the road its Waffle House. 

Everything on the menu rocks.


5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?


Don't do much caffeine at home. On the road I do black coffee. In states where its legal I like tea with some kratom and honey.

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

Don't do soda or energy drinks. Pretty much only drink water for the most part. 

For booze I like Beam and water or Beam straight.

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

There's a ton of good beers. There's a peanut butter beer we had in Orlando at Will'sPub when we played there. Forgot what its called but that shit was amazing.

Most of the time a tall boy of PBR will get it done. Its like the mashed potatoes of the beer world. 

It ain't flashy and it ain't the best but its good and works and usually isn't expensive.


8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?


Mostly I don't really drink alcohol with food. A really good margarita or expensive tequila with Mexican food is amazing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment